The system is still in a blind panic over the flimsy credibility of the government-approved fable

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One look at your TV guide over the next 10 days will tell you everything you need to know about how petrified the establishment is over the flimsy credibility of the official 9/11 fable.

Naturally, the 10-year anniversary of the attacks would be expected to merit a deluge of media coverage, but what sticks out is the overbearing emphasis on countering so-called “conspiracy theories” about the events of that day, or in other words, reinforcing the official “conspiracy theory” that 19 poorly trained Arab hijackers were able to cripple America’s air defenses and make three giant steel-framed structures crumble to the ground at near free fall speed.

The BBC couldn’t even wait until the month of September itself to air their latest 9/11 truth hit piece earlier this week, and another is planned for next weekend. The damage done by the Building 7 fiasco, where BBC reporter Jane Standley is seen reporting the collapse of WTC 7 before it happens, a clip seen by millions, prompted the public broadcaster to launch a sustained dogmatic assault on anyone who dared question either 9/11 or 7/7.

Unfortunately for the BBC, the endless stream of smear attacks against so-called “conspiracy theorists” have largely backfired. Doctor Rory Ridley-Duff of Sheffield Hallam University conducted a study of the BBC’s “Conspiracy Files” documentary on 7/7 in comparison with the “conspiracy” documentary 7/7 Ripple Effect. His conclusion – the “conspiracy” documentary was more “coherent with available evidence”.

But conspiracy hit pieces are not about evidence, they’re about strawman attacks, character assassination, and emotional manipulation. This only works as a tool of persuasion on people who have little or no capacity for critical thinking, or on those who are already fully invested in a belief system. Such individuals are of no consequence in the “infowar,” as Hillary Clinton herself termed it, that continues to be won by the “conspiracy theorists” no matter how many hit pieces are produced and endlessly repeated by television networks that have lost a great deal of credibility.

Despite the establishment backlash, polls have consistently shown that the majority of people suspect a cover-up regarding 9/11, which is not surprising given the fact that the majority of 9/11 Commissioners tasked with investigating the events by the U.S. government itself also believe the same thing.

For those who doubt the impact left by the legacy of the 9/11 truth movement, just flip through your cable listings for the next week or two for a visual record of how desperate the establishment is to reinforce its official 9/11 fable.

What are they so scared of? The fact that the public may entertain the subject long enough to discover for themselves the fact that countless highly credible people question the official 9/11 story and have gone on record to express such doubts.

———————————————————-

Highly Credible People Question 9/11

The following people question the government’s version of 9/11, or the government’s openness in providing information about the September 11 attacks.

9/11 COMMISSIONERS

The co-chairs of the 9/11 Commission (Thomas Keane and Lee Hamilton) said that the CIA (and likely the White House) “obstructed our investigation”.

The co-chairs of the 9/11 Commission also said that the 9/11 Commissioners knew that military officials misrepresented the facts to the Commission, and the Commission considered recommending criminal charges for such false statements, yet didn’t bother to tell the American people (free subscription required).

Indeed, the co-chairs of the Commission now admit that the Commission largely operated based upon political considerations.

9/11 Commission co-chair Lee Hamilton says “I don’t believe for a minute we got everything right”, that the Commission was set up to fail, that people should keep asking questions about 9/11, that the 9/11 debate should continue, and that the 9/11 Commission report was only “the first draft” of history.

9/11 Commissioner Bob Kerrey said that “There are ample reasons to suspect that there may be some alternative to what we outlined in our version . . . We didn’t have access . . . .”

9/11 Commissioner Timothy Roemer said “We were extremely frustrated with the false statements we were getting”

Former 9/11 Commissioner Max Cleland resigned from the Commission, stating: “It is a national scandal”; “This investigation is now compromised”; and “One of these days we will have to get the full story because the 9-11 issue is so important to America. But this White House wants to cover it up”.

9/11 Commissioner John Lehman said that “We purposely put together a staff that had – in a way – conflicts of interest“.

The Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission (John Farmer) who led the 9/11 staff’s inquiry, said “I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described …. The tapes told a radically different story from what had been told to us and the public for two years…. This is not spin. This is not true.”

Link to the rest of the story Establishment Prepares 9/11 Official Story Onslaught